Grandmother's Hat
This Christmas, I was given a wonderful gift, a book written by my mother, Stacey Hook Quisenberry and illustrated by her mother, my grandmother, Claire Hook. The book is titled, "Grandmother's Hat" and is based on some wonderful memories my family shared of the beach in Corpus Christi, TX. My grandparents still live in Corpus and we don't get to visit enough nowadays, but when Connor and I were kids, we would often head to the beach during the summers.
The book is based on the memory of my grandmom losing her hat in the wind and all of the stories we would make up about her lost hat... the dolphins playing with it, the jellyfish living in it, etc. The illustrations are in colored pencil and they look so much like me, Connor, my mom and my grandmom. My grandmom is a wonderful artist and did such a great job.
Supposedly, the secret behind this gift has been going on for a few years!! My whole family has been keeping a big secret in hopes that they could present the final product to me for Christmas 2010! I had absolutely no idea and was blown away by the book. It seems a weight had been lifted off their shoulders when my family presented the book to me! These books are for sale, $6 each! I've got lots of copies, so please let me know if you're interested!
The book means so much to me and I can't wait to show it to my children one day. I'm so blessed to have wonderful women in my life and I aspire to be like them everyday. I hope that I will be as wonderful mother/grandmother as they are to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've read it and it's just precious! Thank you so much for gifting me a copy!
ReplyDeleteIt was a joy to work on the book with my Mom, and a joy to present it to my daughter. We have no doubt that you will make an exceptional mom someday -- as you are already an exceptional young woman.
ReplyDeleteAnd...I'm quite honored by this blog, which does not mention, nor include a picture of, Ranger.