Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Catching Up

Guess I need to catch up on my blogging. Been a coon’s age since I put anything up here. I’ve even got the running list of things I want to blog about, but just haven’t made time for yet. No pictures in this post, updated pictures from life will come soon enough. So here goes a few random topics that I’ve been meaning to cover.

 

Ranger already has old man hips. He now has to take a vitamin for his joints twice a day. After all, we was a clearance puppy.

 

I love summer. It’s the season of showers and weddings and family reunions for us. We have lots of friends and family that are having babies, getting married or coming into town to visit. So blessed to have wonderful people surrounding us. How did we get so lucky?

 

So jealous of my brother-in-law Chris who is sailing in the Mediterranean! For those people in the back, he’s a musical entertainer on a cruise line and just started his first abroad tour. He sends postcards and posts pictures from Italy, so jealous. We did get to spend some quality time with him while he was in Texas though. We went to the coast for a long weekend and spent time at the beach, fishing and catching up.

 

In one week, we went to our HOA meeting and a neighbor’s crawfish boil. We will miss the community wide garage sale this weekend, since we’ll be at a family reunion. But we even offered up our cove to host the annual block party this year, I guess we’ll see how the other neighbors feel about that! We’re by far the youngest people in our neighborhood and the newest family to the neighborhood, but I was {THIS CLOSE} to signing up for a committee or secretary or something!

 

This past weekend, we went to Austin and got to meet our 4-month-old niece and nephew twins for the first time! And Jarvis, our very first nephew is now a full-of-energy 2 year old! We got to spend precious time with all of them. We don’t get to see them as much as we would like since their family lives in North Dakota, so we take full advantage while they’re in Texas… we’ll see them 3 weekends in a row in June!

 

Enough rambling for this Thursday! Ciao bella!

2 comments:

  1. Lots going on! so happy to see you this month so many times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "coon's age" -- love this phrase! :))

    ReplyDelete