Our Family

Our Family

Friday, October 19, 2012

TGIF!

Poor Ranger has kennel cough, which is just a fancy name for a dog cold, like a human would get. We initially thought he had something stuck in his throat, but the vet confirmed it was kennel cough, which he probably got from being boarded while we were on our BabyMoon (even though he was vaccinated). So we made an early trip to the vet this morning, I felt like we were practicing for the “do we go to the doctor?” dilemma for our future baby boy.

Good news today – I passed my glucose tolerance test! I had to go yesterday and drink the orange soda and get my blood drawn after an hour of sitting in the waiting room. And got the good news today that I passed, whew. Now give me a piece of cake.

We did order our crib earlier this week! Who knew those things took 6-8 weeks to ship… hoping that the crib will arrive before baby boy arrives! Although, we probably will keep baby boy in our room for the first few weeks, so I guess it doesn’t really matter, but it sure does help in the “feel like we’re actually getting our lives ready for a baby” department.

Like I mentioned last post, PK’s brother Chris is on vacation and he came to town to visit! So, today and tomorrow, they are having some serious man time. Golf. Movie. Beer. Shooting range. Etc. PK is in his happy place when his brother is around.

My brother texted me today and suggested the name, Rupert, for our baby boy. Has a ring to it, doesn’t it? Haha! PK and Chris were discussing a serious name bracket, like march madness. Our baby name bracket even involved teams, winners, cash prizes, etc. It was pretty involved, so let us know if you wanna get in on that action, haha!

Looking forward to a cool relaxing weekend! TGIF! RIP Big Tex.

1 comment:

  1. We want in on the action!!! We'll text you with our names :)

    ReplyDelete