Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Updates at 38 weeks!

In the middle of December, we took our last road trip (after getting the okay from our Doc) to Austin to spend Christmas with my husband’s side of the family. My SIL and our niece and nephews were in town and we had a blast getting to spend time with them and getting to know their little personalities better. We also attended my company Christmas party while in Austin (that’s one bonus of having our main office in the same city where family lives)!

Then my parents and brother came up to visit us over the Christmas weekend. We went to the Chihuly Exhibit at the Dallas Arboretum, went to Granbury to visit my Nana and enjoyed a snowy Christmas day! It was great to be at our house for Christmas and get to host family! And nice not to be driving anywhere, too!

On 12/27/12, 37w4d, we had our last sonogram of our little boy. He’s head down, measuring a little bit smaller – around 36w4d – which was 46th percentile, but already weighing around 7 pounds! No contractions yet, baby’s heartbeat was good and my blood pressure was alright.

Then, over this past weekend we traded in my last vehicle and got a Chevy Tahoe! That has been on our list to do recently and we wanted a vehicle that we could lug around a new baby and a dog and luggage and all of the things that come with a baby and a dog on road trips. We were surprisingly happy with our buying experience and we did a lot of due diligence beforehand to make sure we were getting a good deal and were going to be pleased with our decision!

I officially took off my wedding ring around 38 weeks, it took some soap and cold water to get it off, but I figured it was time to stop pretending like my hands aren’t swollen. My back aches most days now, all depends on how much I was on my feet that day and the types of chairs I sat in. I’ve stopped sitting on the couches in our living room cause they’re too low and cushy (meaning way too hard to get out of). I wheeled our office chair into the living room; it’s the perfect height, has arm rests and leans back.

Luckily, I’m still getting pretty good sleep at this point. Still roll over a bunch of times and get up to pee at least once a night, but overall I’m still able to sleep pretty well, trying to take advantage of good sleep now!

We had a pretty uneventful New Years Eve, went out to dinner, got ice cream with friends, read some chapters on childbirth and fell asleep before midnight. We didn’t take off work any days around Christmas or New Years, since we’re trying to save those up for maternity leave. We did go see Les Miserables on New Year’s Day!

I think I felt hiccups for the first time the other day! I had been pretty bummed that I hadn’t really felt them yet, but then I realized that I probably have been feeling them, just mistaking them for movements or kicks. The ones that I felt were lower (closer to his head) and were more rhythmic, instead of spontaneous!

We’re counting down the days until this baby boy arrives!! Of course, we’ve got a list of things we want to do around the house and then a list of baby bucket list things we want to do before he arrives, like go to TopGolf, go see more movies in the theater and go eat at Babe’s Chicken.

Happy New Year everyone! Cheers to an exciting January 2013 --- our first son will be born this month! Eek! Can’t wait for the moment that this sweet babe is put in my arms for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment