Colton had his 6 month appt earlier this week and here are his latest stats:
Weight: 16 lb 13 oz (50%)
Height: 26 1/8 in (30%)
Head: 41.5 cm (3%)
(Maybe this DOC band will help his head measurement round out! Little tiny baby head.)
And just in case you’re interested, here are a few other stats for his eating/sleeping:
Average Sleep at Daycare (July 2013): 2.7 hours (normally over 3 naps)
Average Ounces eaten at Daycare (July 2013): 13.9 oz (normally 5-6 feedings)
Average Total Sleep in 24 hours (July 2013): 11.1 hours
Average Total Ounces in 24 hours (July 2013): 24.8 oz
I’m not sure where this boy came from, because he doesn’t seem to enjoy sleeping or eating all that much (compared to averages), which both of his parents enjoy immensely!
He had his 6-month shots as well, which I’ve heard from a lot of other moms that their babies were the fussiest after these shots, so I was kinda preparing for the worst. He was fine until last night, he spent about 2.5 hours crying, with nothing soothing him. I’m not sure if that was the shots, or teething, or the peas he tried for dinner.
In other news, I’m pleasantly surprised that he’s been doing so well with the DOC Band. He never cries when we put it on and for the most part doesn’t really seem bothered by it. We (and daycare) are taking it off every few hours to let his head dry out and to make sure his skin isn’t getting too red. Luckily, he’s not a sweaty baby, so he hasn’t seemed to be getting overheated with it on in this Texas heat, thank goodness!
The best thing I’ve read all day was a letter from aholyexperience.com, called “A Letter to Kate: 7 Ways to Labor & Deliver Your Best Life”. “…a mother’s labor and delivery never ends, and you never stop having to remember to breathe.” So far, I know this to be true.




No comments:
Post a Comment