We had our first neighborhood block party on Saturday! We were pretty nervous and ALMOST didn't go, but I'm so glad we did. We met lots of neighbors and heard about people's kids and dogs. And I've already received an e-vite to bunco later this month!
They provided pizza and beer. And we were supposed to bring an appetizer or dessert. Since I didn't feel like going to the grocery store, I looked at what we had in the pantry/fridge and decided to make the Pioneer Woman's "Monkey Bread".
It looked pretty good while it was still in the bundt pan. However, when trying to get it out of the pan, it didn't come out all nice and pretty like it was supposed to, but that's alright.
They even had a band!
People just chilling in the street, chatting away.
Although we didn't meet our immediate neighbors, we did meet a few people that live on our street, as well as our driveway neighbors. We are the youngest people in the neighborhood, by at least 10 years, but whatcha gonna do?
Cheers to getting to know the neighbors!
No comments:
Post a Comment