Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome June

I love the start to a new month… it means I can flip the page on my many calendars, our budget and expenses start over brand new and all the things you’ve been looking forward to in June you know are now less than 30 days away! By the end of a month I am so sick of it, so I was quite happy to say goodbye to May and welcome June. For some reason, it makes me like a fresh start. Since I stare at a computer, a calendar and a to-do list most of my working days, I operate very much by the calendar. That’s why I look forward to vacations and weekends. I don’t have to wear a watch and know what time it is.
 
This past weekend we came home from the pool to find our gate latch was tied up with string, which we didn’t do. After further inspection, we discovered that the spring on the gate had broken and apparently Ranger went for a little dog adventure. He was awaiting our return inside the backyard, bouncing around like normal. Later, one of the neighbors said they found him roaming around the alley and put him back for us.  How awesome to have nice neighbors!! And so thankful he didn’t get hit by a car or get lost. This reminds me of the time that the entire gate broke off the hinges and fell down. Luckily, the gate was still obstructing the pathway to freedom, so Ranger was too scared to jump over. Are you getting a picture of how crappy our backyard and fence/gate is at the house we’re currently renting? The fence/gate in our new backyard at our new house is awesome – no chance of doggie escapes!
 
Enjoy the first day of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment