Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Diet Coke

My name is Jackie and I drink Diet Coke. However... my habit is restricted in some ways. I only drink Diet Coke (DC) alongside food. I never drink DC in between meals (makes me feel dehydrated) and I rarely have DC with breakfast. But almost every lunch and dinner meal, whether at home or out is accompanied by a DC.
 
Now I'm one of those people who says: There are zero calories in DC and caffeine doesn't keep me awake at night, so why does it matter whether I do or don't drink DC? I think I've successfully weaned PK off of Dr. Pepper and onto Diet Coke, mainly because of the caloric intake in regular soda. However, have I created another DC monster?
 
Now I must admit, that when I think of a juicy cheeseburger and fries, a DC is a MUST on the side of that fast food meal!! When I consider choosing a salad for lunch, I don't think of DC as a MUST, only as a SURE, WHY NOT? Could DC be one of my triggers for eating unhealthy food?!
 
The question is on our quest to become healthier in 2011, is it time to start weaning off the DC? Read a good article about diet sodas below... 
 
http://www.thatsfit.com/2011/02/22/can-drinking-diet-soda-help-me-lose-weight/?a_dgi=aolshare_email

1 comment:

  1. bwahahaha... this makes me giggle... DC is in the genes :)

    ReplyDelete