This post is somewhat a follow up to my, What am I supposed to do without my cell phone? post from earlier this week. Maybe it was inspiration from that Frugaldad.com article, but since then we have downgraded our cable with Verizon FIOS. All we do is complain about how expensive it is and how we like AT&T U-Verse better and how we watch too much TV anyways…. sounds like multiple signs that the Lord was trying to tell us something! So, in an attempt to always become better stewards of our money and spend less time watching TV, we did it!
Don’t worry, we still have all the network channels, so our favorites like House, American Idol, Glee, So You Think You Can Dance, Lie to Me, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Mad Love, Big Bang Theory, Saturday Night Live, Parenthood and The Biggest Loser are still with us. I know right, we’re really deprived, aren’t we? Now one motivator for this step was that we will be moving out of this house in approximately 3 months or so, we can handle it for 3 months, right? If we have to, we can just stop eating or stop using electricity so that we can go back to the hundreds of channels, right? Or maybe it’s time that Ranger got a job and started holding up his own weight in this family!?
Besides the ~20 shows I just mentioned, we’ll always have Netflix to turn to. I feel like I never know what to look for or how to navigate through the crap to get to the good stuff. Especially because we only have the streaming, no DVDs. I’ve considered getting rid of it, but in the grand scheme of our budget, it’s $8/month. Convincing PK to downgrade our cable was a HUGE step, I think suggesting getting rid of Netflix would send him over the edge. Well TheSimpleDollar.com just listed 75 things worth watch on Netflix streaming, so I’m gonna work through this list and add some things to our cue!
Happy Trails!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment