Does anyone else still watch Saturday Night Live? I feel like I was a little bit late on the bandwagon. However, Kristin Wiig, one of the funniest women alive. The only reason that I can convince PK that we should visit NYC one day is that we could go see a live show of SNL. Up until recently we recorded all the reruns that VH1 played and would watch them randomly. It’s hilarious getting to watch an old Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake episode… the good old days. Now we only record the new ones, this last Saturday was Helen Mirren, from the movie, Arthur. We saw Arthur on our date night, wasn’t near as good as we thought it was going to be. But Russell Brand = hilarious, plus he married Katy Perry, can’t get much better than that.
Moving on… with our weekend update.
Saturday was stupendous. I love sunny Saturdays. Took Ranger on a walk, got my hair cut (4 inches off!), took a nap and did laundry. Productive day. Then of course, we went to bed early because PK’s big race was on Sunday!!!
We met Callie & David and Sallie, Tyler & Mags at the race early on Sunday morning. I used my “Find My iPhone” app to track PK throughout the 13.1 miles of race, so I was able to tell when he was getting close to the finish line! He barely even noticed me cheering for him because he was in the zone! I’m so proud of him. About 3 months ago, PK was not running AT ALL and he just ran a ½ marathon! Amazing what he has accomplished in that time period.
We went home to see Ranger-boo and crashed. We both took a nap and chillaxed for a few hours. Then the Coles were gracious enough to have us over for a celebratory dinner of salad, chicken and brownies! We relived the morning’s events and kicked back on their new patio furniture. What a perfect way to end the weekend.
Praises this week:
- PK’s ability to run and finish the ½ marathon -> so proud of him
- Tax season is almost over -> my mother-in-law will be very happy
- Easter is coming up -> get to take time off work and see family
Happy Monday – adios!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YEAH!!!
ReplyDelete