Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tuesdays

I’m pumped because tonight we are grilling burgers with our foundation group! We are currently going through the book, Love & Respect, so we’re having everyone over to cook out, fellowship and discuss some of how love and respect have been represented in our marriages over the last few weeks. The premise of the book is that women need love and men need respect, which can become a conflict in marriages because men and women have such different ways of looking at life and expressing their feelings.
 
Every Tuesday night, I talk with my best friend, Courtney. We met at TCU and she was my maid of honor, but now she lives in Alaska with her husband and two sweet doggies (they are golden retriever people… best kind of people in the world). We are absolutely soul sisters and therefore, we talk every Tuesday night, in order to keep the friendship fire alive between us! I’m so thankful for having her to talk to and blessed by her friendship.
 
So after I talked to Courtney… and because we’re having friends over and because our house is a hot mess, I spent most of last night cleaning up the house. Put away dishes, cleaned kitchen countertops, went grocery shopping for last couple of burger items, swiffered the kitchen floor, picked up Ranger’s toys, put clothes away, etc. My sweet husband is planning to vacuum today, so after that we’ll be all ready for company! It’s been a while since we’ve had people over, so I’m excited to host. These people are amazing friends, who are a blessing to be around!
 
PK and I just had a simple dinner. I had a grilled cheese sandwich with baked chips. PK made himself a bagel/ham/cheese breakfast sandwich. Easy to make and easy clean up! Later in the evening I had a WeightWatchers cookie and cup of OJ. Oh and we also watched Biggest Loser…. Can you believe Courtney went home!?!? Kind of ironic that she went home to her family’s Dairy Queen…
 
Something you may not know about us… every single morning during the week, we watch an episode of Friends (this morning was the one where Ross and Rachel just got married in Vegas and Ross doesn’t want to get an annulment). Most lunches spent at home during the week, we watch an episode of How I Met Your Mother.
 
Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment