Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Treasures in Heaven

We’ve been pre-approved for a mortgage loan! What what!! Instead of being judged by the world about our looks or our beliefs (like any other day), we have been judged by the financial world about our credit score and debt-to-income ratio! At least for today, we passed the test!
 
Now the fun part begins! Finding a house! Eeek.
 
Biggest thing I’m looking forward to about OWNING a house: I will actually care about what the empty walls, paint colors, backyard, baseboards, fence, flowerbeds, windows, floors and décor look like. I tend to be one of those people like… we’re moving in another 8 months, why unpack all these boxes, bother with painting the walls or stress about planting flowers…. We’re just gonna leave!!!!
 
We are super pumped and are so thankful for the blessings that the Lord has provided us with. Our earthly house will be awesome, but nothing compared to treasures in heaven!

Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

Happy Trails!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you - this is an exciting new phase of married life. Even more than that, however, I'm so pleased that you have an eternal perspective on material possessions (or at least are trying to maintain a balance!). Why am I still surprised that y'all are grown-ups?

    ReplyDelete