After work, PK and I took Ranger-boo over to a new dog park that we hadn’t been to before. It’s in a similar area of where we’d love to find a house, so we thought we’d take advantage of a sunny afternoon and drive around the neighborhoods as well. Then after coming home we split a burger for dinner. That wasn’t enough for me, so I whipped up a smoothie. I’ve been telling myself that I’m going to try to “make a healthier smoothie” and at least try it once. Healthier meaning not as much fruit/fruit juice/applesauce/yogurt, which are all good for you, but can add up to a lot of sugar.
Carrots N’ Cake recently posted this smoothie recipe:
§ 1/2 cup frozen fruit
§ 1 cup milk of your choice
§ 1 heaping scoop of protein powder
§ 1/4 cup cooked grains (oats, quinoa, bulgur, etc.)
§ 1-2 tbsp nut butter or coconut butter
§ 1-2 tsp chia seeds, ground flaxseed meal, honey, etc.
So with that inspiration in mind, I created this smoothie:
§ Frozen strawberries & banana
§ Skim milk
§ ½ scoop vanilla protein powder (I can seriously only stomach ½ scoop, otherwise it tastes like vanilla powder smoothie)
§ No cooked grains… most of all because I didn’t have any cooked, second of all… weird.
§ 1-2 tbsp almond butter
§ 1-2 tsp ground flaxseed meal
It was definitely more savory than sweet. It wasn’t BAD, but it was weird for sure, not what I’m used to. I made PK try it and he said he thought those flavors don’t mix together. Maybe I’ll add honey next time to sweeten things up a bit more. Anyways, I’ll probably swing back and forth between sweet and savory and continue testing out my recipes. After that I walked on the treadmill while watching American Idol. Can you believe that PIA went home?!?? Insane!! Seriously the night before, while our group was over on Wednesday watching it I literally said, “I bet she’ll win the whole thing”. Boo.
PK runs his ½ marathon this weekend, so stay tuned to see how he does. He’ll be happy as long as he finishes! Looking forward to spending the day with some of our group, 3 other people from our group are running as well! Callie and I will serve as babysitters and cheerleaders!
Tonight is Date Night!! Yippee!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment