PK and I set a lofty financial goal for ourselves to complete in April and we did it! So proud of us. It seriously felt like the Lord was teaching us lessons right and left. I feel like we spent the last month studying for a budget final exam and just found out that we passed! Every single thing that has happened to us financially in the past six months was absolutely orchestrated by the Lord and had a specific purpose. So cool to be able to look back and be thankful.
I’ve recently become motivated to start writing our very own autobiography. I’ve already got a two page outline written. Don’t get your hopes up… Not anticipating publishing anything for at least another 5-10 years. I know what you’re thinking, how can your autobiography be written before your even 35 years old? Good point. Maybe I’ll write a few books, a myriad of autobiographies as we experience life. Think I’m crazy? So does my husband! How could a couple of newly married 20-somethings have enough to fill up a book you say? Let’s just say if we could get a hold of ourselves at age 16 or 18 or 21 – we would have a lot to tell them, so why not write it down and put it in a book?
This past weekend I attended a work conference with PK. He works for a company called National Agents Alliance (NAA), in a leg of the company called The Rogers Group. It was pretty cool to hear a ton of great stories and learn some great leadership principles and strategies for working hard and being successful. AND… about developing your character, having integrity and caring for others. AND… how you are not expected to go through life alone (hint hint, Jesus). I swear, in the 11 hours of seminar I listened to on Saturday, the word “insurance” was mentioned maybe twice… It felt like a leadership conference instead. After the weekend, we were reflecting and came to the conclusion that it felt exactly like camp. It felt like we were the new kids and it was our first time at camp. But by the end of camp, you are just obsessed with the camp counselors and how cool they are and the message they are preaching. You want to be like them, talk like them, dress like them… and BECOME ONE OF THEM! Maybe it’s called brainwashing? I got that jealous feeling… jealous of the successful women who got to stand on stage and teach a seminar or tell their story or cry over past struggles and how they overcame them. I feel a little bit like a freshman in high school wanting to become a leader in FCA (eventually became president) or a little bit like a freshman in college wanting to become a leader in my Christian sorority (eventually became president). I’m not trying to suggest anything… but the President/CEO should probably watch his back, right? Haha! JK! Anyways, we left with an “on fire” post-summer camp feeling.
Happy Trails – adios!
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pk couldn't ask for a better partner!!
ReplyDelete