This past weekend we got to spend some time with our high school friends, the Bricker's. They’re moving to our area this summer and we couldn’t be more excited! They have a black lab, named Boss that Ranger quite enjoyed playing with. It was so nice to eat some great food and have great conversation. We’re lucky to have a couple that knows so much of our history and that are still friends with us! Haha! Not that we ever did anything that appalling, but they know about all our crushes in elementary school, drama in middle school and relationships in high school. They know our families, our siblings; they’ve watched us grow up! Clint and PK played football together – they have some sort of quarterback to receiver connection. Whitney and I played basketball together, were in a Mother-Daughter Book Club together, have gone to New York together and the list goes on! Excited to spend more time with them this summer.
Also this past weekend I got roasted by the sun, but as Sallie said, it was totally worth it. It was the first time of the season that we were able to get next to a pool with friends and soak up the sun! Obviously I forgot how extremely WHITE I am and I got totally sunburned. I have raccoon eyes because I wore sunglasses the whole day, so I’m finding myself putting blush around my eyes to try to match the rest of my red face. It’s like I’ve learned this lesson over and over again, but every winter I just forget. We’re headed back to the pool tonight after work to grill dinner with friends. It’s safe to say that I will be coated from head to toe with suntan lotion. Ranger will finally get to meet Sully tonight! (By the way, Ranger practically has more dog friends than we do people friends, have you noticed?)
This upcoming weekend is the “Taste of Addison” event, which we attended last year. We went on a whim last year and ended up having a great time! There were great bands and good food and we ran into multiple different people that we knew! Last year… for like $6 you could get 1 beer, 1 jello shot and 1 free round of bowling at 300. Steal of a deal!! Let’s just say we had blue tongues by the end of the night and that we ended up treating our friends to a few free rounds of bowling later in the summer! Ahhh… the carefree life of living in Addison. Not sure if we have the time or stamina to attend this year, but good memories!
We’re also currently going through the home buying process! Offers, inspections, drive bys, loan, pictures, stalking the neighborhood, interest rates, roof damage, gold door knobs, etc. It’s pretty dang exciting! It’s a weird feeling of being super excited, but also trying not to be just in case something doesn’t work out. We keep telling Ranger that we found him an awesome backyard; I don’t think he gets it yet. It’s also hard for me not to start packing yet! I typically am ready to take action or get moving or start something. I’m not very good about taking my time or letting it soak in. As my dad said, “as usual doesn't take you long to load and fire”. Our realtor said that this whole game of purchasing real estate is a lot of “hurry up and wait”. Which doesn’t sit well with me! Anyways, maybe the Lord is teaching me patience?
We’re super excited about “Bark in the Park” at the Texas Rangers stadium in a few weekends. I mean we NAMED OUR DOG “RANGER”, we have to take him right?? I have a feeling it’s going to be super cliché though while we’re there. “What’s his name?” … “Ranger” … Oh, that’s clever. But we invited a couple that PK works with to come with us, they have a dog named Zoey (see what I mean about Ranger having dog friends all over Texas). Should be great pictures to come from that!
Thankful for:
- Buyers market
- Connor’s good recovery
- Anniversary coming soon
- Casting crowns CD in my car
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment