I've got this recipe book called, "The Smoothies Bible". I think that I received it for a shower or wedding gift. If I remember correctly, it was paired with my BULLET as part of the gift!
Anyways, my recent interest in drinking smoothies more often has caused me to grab this book off the kitchen shelves and start reading. I forgot how hilarious this recipe book is... yes, hilarious.
There are smoothies in here that can help "heal".... HIV, ADD, yeast infections, depression, eye problems, gout, gallstones, hangover, herpes, impotence, infertility, IBS, menopause, skin conditions, UTI, quitting smoking, etc. Good Lord!! Wouldn't it be awesome if a random smoothie concoction could really help all this stuff? No wonder it's called the Smoothies "BIBLE"... it is practically healing people!
It does include a profile on ever herb, fruit and vegetable that you've ever heard of, which is nice... since I'm new to the whole cooking regulargly thing. Just alone... the herbs that start with a "C".... calendula, cardamom, cayenne, celery seeds, chamomile, chasteberry, chickweed, cinnamon, clove, coriander seeds, cumin.... I'm overwhelmed and I'm only to the letter C!
This book has fruit smoothies, vegetable smoothies, herb smoothies... I still don't like the sound of veggies or herbs in my smoothie.
Names of smoothies that are weird from this book are below, some of these sound gross.
Slippery Banana
Mega Melon Supreme
Red Rocket
Flaming Antibiotic
Bananarama
Healthy Bladder Blitz
Gas Guzzler
Aspirin in a Glass
Morning After
Prostate Power
Woman's Smoothie
So obviously, they've got everything smoothie you've ever dreamed of in one book! So if you've got any of the previously mentioned ailments... or other ones I just found like... flatulence, ulcers, parkinsons, migraines, low libido, insomnia... please contact me and I'd be happy to hook you up with a smoothie recipe that will start the healing process!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love reading your blog! so interesting and informational!
ReplyDeleteAspirin in a Glass and Gas Guzzler! Now those are two I'd be scared of!
ReplyDelete