Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Old Fashioned Oatmeal


Info from Real Simple article = Oatmeal (Steel-Cut or Old-Fashioned) holds cholesterol in check, helps fight against heart disease, and keeps you full until lunch, thanks to its soluble fiber. Try this: For a savory breakfast, drizzle cooked oatmeal with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan.






Dinner was kind of random tonight. PK and I have lots of leftovers in the fridge, so we grabbed a small serving of pasta leftovers before he ran off to softball around 5:15pm. I ran to the grocery store and cleaned up the kitchen. Then I got a hankering for one more snack before I get ready to sit in front of the TV for the rest of the night. So i grabbed the oatmeal! I added honey, cinnamon and banana... yum! Now I'm at the computer and watching American Idol. All is well with the world! Now let's hope PK has a good report from softball...

No comments:

Post a Comment