Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mushrooms & Eggs

I know I've pictured this pizza before, but since it's such great pizza and now that I'mtrying to get the 30 healthiest food into my diet in March...I noticed this pizza has mushrooms!!


Info from Real Simple article = Mushrooms are meaty and filling, as a stand-in for beef they can slash up to 400 calories from a meal. They may also protect against breast cancer by helping to regulate a woman’s estrogen levels. Try this: Sauté sliced mushrooms and shallots until tender. Add a splash of white wine and cook until evaporated. Serve over roasted fish or chicken.


I never really would have eaten pizza in the past with mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, green onion, etc. but I'm getting the hang of it - NTS! (Not Too Shabby!)

Next on my list was scrambled eggs... I decided to do half real eggs and half liquid egg whites.

Info from Real Simple article = The whites offer up protein with minimal calories (and zero fat or cholesterol). Egg yolks get a bad rab, but don’t skip them—they are awash with vitamin B12 and vitamin A, and they contain choline, a nutrient that’s particularly important for pregnant women. Try this: Make a sandwich with whole-grain bread, sliced hard-cooked eggs, tomatoes, olives, anchovies, red onion, and a drizzle of olive oil.

Added some skim milk to the pan, salt... pepper...

And some shredded cheese! I try to make a big batch of it and that way when I'm rushing in the morning, I can heat up some quick from my batch and not have to worry about cooking them each morning.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment