Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries



2 Sweet potatoes- 5" long

2 tbsp Olive oil

1/4 tsp Salt

1/4 tsp Pepper

1/2 tsp Onion powder

1/2 tsp Paprika

dash Cayenne, red pepper

12x15 baking stone or cookie sheet

Wash potatoes, then chop into pieces the length of the potato and approximately 1/2 inch thick and wide. Place into mixing bowl with the oil and spices. Gently mix with your hand or a utensil. Spread onto baking pan, minimizing crowding and keeping to 1 layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375-400 degrees. Poke with a fork for doneness. Play with the spices and create your own family favorites! Serves 2-4 (1/2 to 1 potato per person) BAKE 375-400 for 25-30 minutes

 

Info from Real Simple article = Sweet Potatoes: The darker the color, the richer these tubers are in the antioxidant beta-carotene. Try this: For a side dish, steam cut-up sweet potatoes and apples. Puree with maple syrup and crushed red pepper.


Perfect for an afternoon snack! I really liked the coating, even though sweet potatoes are not my favorite!

1 comment:

  1. I do sweet potato fries for Jarvis (just salt and pepper with EVVO though) and he LOVES them!! I think they are awesome!! But I will have to try that spice mix, sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete