Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Salmon

I had some leftover mashed potatoes from a few nights earlier and I ran across this recipe and decided to run with it for my salmon recipe!

“Leftover mashed potatoes salmon cake” recipe found at SparkRecipes.com

Ingredients
Half a cup of mashed potatoes (personal recipe)
Half a can of wild Pacific Red Salmon, canned or fresh (cooked)
1 egg
1 tbsp of red onion, finely chopped
A dash of pepper
1 tsp of celery seeds
Breadcrumbs
Too add more fiber you can add some ground flaxseed to your mixture.
Too add some color you can add some chopped parsley.

Directions
1. Makes 2 big patties or 3 small ones
2. In a bowl, mix the mashed potatoes, salmon, red onion, pepper, celery seeds, and egg.
3. With the mixture, form patties. Roll in breadcrumbs.
4. Set the burner on the stove at Medium (or Medium-High). Use a nonstick pan, or spray olive oil in a regular pan.
5. Put the patties in the pan. Let it cook until golden brown at the bottom, turn the patties around and cook on the other side. The total cooking time is between 5 and 10 minutes, depending how thick your patties are.
6. Garnish with a wedge of lemon and fresh parsley.

Info from Real Simple article = Wild Salmon: Its omega-3 fatty acids may improve your mood and keep your skin glowing. Why wild? It’s exposed to fewer toxins than the farmed Atlantic variety. Try this: For breakfast, mash some avocado on whole-grain toast and top with flaked poached salmon.


I had bought some flaxseed meal, which some people add to smoothies or other things for additional protein, so I decided to add some!



Not too bad. I think I used too much celery seed, was a little seedy. The flaxseed meal probably didn't help that either. Anyways, I love mashed potatoes, so can't really go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment