Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Supercook.com

I am now in love with www.supercook.com!!!!!! I literally entered all the foods that I have in my pantry/refrigerator right now and then you can "emphasize" certain ingredients that you really would like to include in a meal and it pops up recipes that you could make! I’m sure this is not new to some of you… but it’s new to me, so humor me! I’m disappointed that they don’t have an iPhone app, I’ve already checked. But I’ve been struggling to find good recipes for some of these weird foods, so this is the perfect option for me. Yay!!

I found a recipe called, “Winter Hardy Spiced Lentil-Barley Soup”…. I know what you’re thinking who would want a “winter hardy” soup when the weather is gorgeous outside and the sun is shining?!?! Honestly I don’t care because… it includes lentils, barley, kidney beans and spinach (that’s four of my super foods in one soup!) Don’t worry it also includes, chicken, sausage, onion, garlic and salsa, etc… to jazz up the flavor. So I imagine this soup will be made tonight or tomorrow!

Also on the forefront is salmon cakes and sweet potato fries! Stay tuned!

1 comment: