I finally went to the grocery store last night to fill up the fridge! And to get the rest of the 30 super foods that I have to eat by the end of March! Eek, it’s getting closer! I also, cleaned out the fridge, took the trash & recycling out and cleaned up some clutter around the house. At least it's a start to getting over my vacation slump... because later we just watched Biggest Loser!
This morning, I drank a cup of skim milk on my way to work… not proud of having to squeeze it in while I’m driving, but have to multi task sometimes! We typically only use skim milk in cereal, maybe macaroni, but other than that we rarely drink a glass by itself.
Info from Real Simple article = Skim Milk offers nine essential nutrients: calcium, of course, but also B vitamins, which help neurological function, and vitamin D, a potential cancer fighter. Try this: If you want a break from your regular morning coffee, warm a cup of skim milk with a dash of vanilla and ground cinnamon.
So at the grocery store, I got sweet potatoes, kale, salmon, sardines and spinach…. I wonder what a big pot of soup would taste like if you just threw all those in together… Anyways, so I’m trying as hard as I can to fit the remaining 13 foods in just 9 days left of March!
I have yet to find lentils, bulgur or chard in my grocery store…. So I may have to change grocery stores later this week to find the rest of the foods!
It’s my mom and dad’s 26 year anniversary today!! So shout out to them – congrats! PK’s birthday is coming up this weekend… so we’re busy trying to decide how we should celebrate. March is always a busy month for both of our families… lots of birthdays and anniversaries!
Happy Trails!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
have I ever told you that I literally drink a glass (or more!) of milk a day?? :P
ReplyDeleteThanks for the anniversary wishes! We had a lovely (not homecooked) meal...
ReplyDelete